EA Networks has developed a new ‘Irrigation Managed Trial’ product, specifically targeted at irrigators who have non-essential pumping needs over the summer months. The purpose of this product is to incentivise the use of irrigation/water pumps outside of peak energy periods (12 hours per day on weekdays).
By avoiding energy use on their connection(s) during specified peak periods, as detailed in the included flyer, irrigators will receive a rebate of 10 cents per kilowatt (kW) per day for the duration of the trial.
Provided they are eligible for the trial, irrigators can choose to switch to this new product, which can reduce electricity network costs if power use is managed accordingly.
For more information, please see our Irrigation Managed Trial schedule below or visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
Terms and Conditions
- Irrigation Managed Trial (ISCM) is a 1-year trial commencing 1st November 2019 and ending 31st October 2020.
- Customers wishing to participate in ISCM must switch/opt-in no later than 10th November 2019 (pre-irrigation season). No customer may switch to ISCM from 10th November.
- At the end of the trial period (31st October 2020) the trial will be reviewed and all conditions including the rebate rate may be modified.
- No more than 10MW of cumulative irrigation capacity will be allowed on to ISCM on a first come first served basis.
- Non-compliance will be deemed to have occurred if any energy usage is detected in more than four (4) half-hour periods between the defined periods in any month. EA Networks will be the sole arbiter of compliance.
- If an ICP has opted in and becomes non-compliant they will immediately be reverted to the standard irrigation (ISCH) product and will not receive further rebate. They will also be ineligible to return to the rebate plan for a 12-month period.
- Customer’s Retailer must supply half-hourly consumption data to EA Networks for the ICP(s) on ISMC on a monthly basis:
- To be eligible for payment of rebate for a calendar month, EA Networks must be provided with the half-hourly data by business day five (5) of the following month
- Data supplied after business day 5 but prior to the end of that month will result in payment the following month (if eligible).
- Failure to provide data within the following calendar month will result in the ICP ceasing to be eligible for the rebate and switched to the standard Irrigation (ISCH) price category.
- Customers may choose to use a ripple relay to control their irrigation equipment which automates the control period. Any work associated with this is done at the customers expense.
- ISCM pricing will be effective from the date of switch from ISCH.
- Rebate calculated based on the chargeable kW of the ICP.
- ICPs on the Irrigation Harmonic Penalty Price Category are not eligible for managed trial.
- EA Networks reserves the right to accept or decline a customer’s application for an ICP to join the managed trial.
- EA Networks reserves the right to extend or cease the trial at their sole discretion.