To report an outage, please call your electricity retailer or you can call us on 0800 430 460.
Ensuring that electricity reaches our homes and businesses is always our priority at EA Networks.
EA Networks prioritises restoring power outages as quickly as possible. However, as always, we encourage customers to consider what your backup plan would be if you didn’t have power for several hours or longer.
Taking the following steps will help prepare you to get through an outage comfortably and safely:
- If you are medically dependent on the continued supply of electricity, you need an emergency plan. Obtain medical advice and inform your electricity retailer immediately, this is critical information and it is shared with us.
- Keep a torch and spare batteries handy. To reduce the risk of fire, we don't recommend the use of candles during a power outage.
Have a battery powered radio (with spare batteries available).
- Keep your mobile phone well charged and consider purchasing a battery pack charger.
- Ensure you have a non-electrical heating source and a barbecue or gas cooker for cooking.
Know the location of your main switch to isolate electricity from your premises.
- If you rely on electricity for essential business operations, we recommend that you have an alternative power source such as a generator available for use during a power outage.
Civil Defence provides detailed information on how you and your family can be ready to cope during an outage and we suggest you take a moment to follow their advice.